Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail are going to be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We will publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Beneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you are able to
- Look at the USCIS Electronic learning area to ensure we’ve perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you may need.
- Make your demand with all the right agency by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you want, once we can get back exact needs faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified whenever we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request processing times
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be significantly more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents on the part of person in Congress
Immigration records by techniques except that our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will need which you:
Available records under area 508 for the Rehabilitation Act
- Subject line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- A telephone number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater effectively we could get back the documents you’ll need.
You can examine the status of an current FOIA demand from the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, it is therefore more likely to go quickly.
Elaborate request, therefore our review will most likely have a significant period of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, as you have actually a planned hearing with an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must add a content of just one associated with after types, granted because of the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the internet site associated with the workplace of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and federal agencies.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand to your right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you yourself have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you may possibly:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail your questions Continue.
The nationwide Records Center can simply respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other kind of immigration matter.